Fire Protection and Security for Property Management Companies
Pittsburgh is known for several premiere high-rise office buildings and luxurious living arrangements. Having a fire alarm or security system from Fire Fighter Sales and Service Company will help protect the people who work here and call this great city, “home.”
One of the most critical roles of a property manager and/or property management service is to ensure the safety and security of the facility being managed.
- Fire protection systems are mandated for all buildings in order to safeguard the lives of building occupants and protect the owner(s) of the building and its contents from loss due to fire.
- The proper maintenance of these fire systems; therefore, falls under the responsibility of the owner of the property.
- This responsibility is frequently transferred to the Property Manager.
Another means of providing for the safety and security of the building is to install a security system. Whether you need to install a card access system that controls who enters the facility or a fully-equipped video surveillance system, let our professionals help you determine exactly what you need. From small office complexes to high-rise buildings, we have a system to meet your needs.
Fire protection and security systems are not “set it and forget it” types of equipment.
Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company provides regular inspection and maintenance services needed to ensure these systems are functioning properly. We maintain a variety of systems according to manufacturer/legal requirements.
Often, unoccupied buildings are targets of vandalism. Help protect the owner’s investment with an integrated fire alarm and security system from Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company. Our licensed service technicians are highly skilled and trained to work with a variety of buildings and systems. Not originally installed by Reliable? No problem! They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Health Care and Hospitals
Fire Protection and Security for Hospitals & Healthcare Facilities
Healthcare facilities are unique organizations that require complex systems as a part of their Life Safety initiatives. Along with fire protection, the security of a facility that is often open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week can present its own unique challenges. The professionals specializing in security at Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company have significant experience working with healthcare facilities.
Cameras, CCTV, and video monitoring can be used in combination to provide you with the best solution possible. Our NICET certified technicians are experts in system integration allowing your life safety and security systems providing for more centralized control over your monitoring systems.
Joint Commission Information
Most hospitals have achieved or are in the process of preparing for Joint Commission Accreditation. The professionals at Fire Fighter Sales and Service Company can assist your organization with compliance to the life safety components of the standards. We understand that the evaluation is based on a combination of the following:
- Inspection of the building’s fire safety equipment and features
- Compliance with relevant Life Safety Code® requirements set by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Staff responsibilities (including orientation, competency, and training of staff)
Through an initial survey, Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company employees will be able to assess your current degree of compliance with these requirements and identify vulnerabilities that exist in your emergency management processes. According to an article entitled “Preparing for the Joint Commission, by OH&S,
“The Regulatory standards focus on how well an organization documents the maintenance, testing and inspection activities to ensure the facility is providing a safe environment for patients, visitors, and caregivers.”
Fire Protection and Security for Schools & Educational Facilities
Did you know that there are more than 6,000 fires in our educational facilities and schools each year?
- Life safety services for educational facilities and schools are a critical component to keeping students and faculty safe.
- Administrators in school districts across the nation have experienced significant budget cuts creating challenges to keep outdated life safety systems operational.
- Decreasing operational budgets coupled with aging facilities and equipment have made it even more important to work with experienced fire and life safety professionals that can help you maintain the existing systems that protect those students, staff and parents in your care.
The NICET certified technicians at Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company can perform a system analysis that will help identify any system weaknesses and then assist you with developing a plan to maximize the value of your life safety systems. Fire Fighter Sales and Service Company provides these life safety services in educational facilities and schools and has expert knowledge to help implement a system that is right for you!
Educational facilities spent approximately $70 million dollars yearly on average for fire-related damage. Schools with grades from kindergarten through high school were witness to the most fire incidents, with most occurring in the kitchens and cooking areas followed by intentional settings, often in lavatories. Most are started in the trash.
From industrial processing and manufacturing to steel mills, Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company has the industry background and knowledge to help keep your employees and facilities safe and protected from catastrophic events. Incident reports demonstrate that over forty thousand fires occur each year. According to the NFPA, structure fires are more common in manufacturing or processing properties.
In 2012, approximately 77% of large loss property fires were in facilities that were used for industrial, manufacturing and other business purposes.
Due to the hazardous and flammable materials often used or stored at industrial facilities, fires at these locations can be catastrophic. However, it has also been shown that almost all workplace fires can be prevented. Production and manufacturing facilities, in particular, must remain constantly vigilant about fire safety. New processes, the use of unfamiliar ingredients and/or new materials may change what is needed for fire protection. Experts at Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company are familiar with the latest industry trends and up-to-date technology that is right for your organization. We also offer training programs to help you minimize your risk.
Many manufacturing and other industrial facilities are still in need of:
- Firewalls and other possible barriers in large plants
- Roof deck fire spread tests
- Regular testing of sprinkler flows
- Upgrade warehouse sprinkler protection to accommodate storage of more combustible commodities
- Smoke control in buildings with sensitive equipment
- Fire resistant electrical cables
- Adequate emergency egress provisions
- Improved protection of flammable liquid warehouses
Security systems help to secure the premises and minimize the potential for loss.
Raw materials, finished product, and inventory must be protected.
The professionals at Fire Fighter Sales & Service Company are industry leading integrators that can work with you to design an integrated monitoring system that provides fire and security systems that are efficient and effective. We will perform a system analysis that will outline and vulnerabilities and make recommendations to upgrade your current system.Markets